Has it been difficult to survive your business during the lockdown? It’s been over a couple of weeks that we have been in a lockdown state. And, it may continue for a while until the situation is contained. What does that mean for businesses? How would you survive your business during this lockdown period?
Most of us are working from home. Our movements are restricted, and we are all been advised to be at home. It is a worrying situation, and we have to abide by the situation to avoid the spread of the novel coronavirus. But how are we going to survive if this goes on for months?
Worrying Situation for Businesses
It is going to be a difficult situation for both small and big businesses. Entrepreneurs are already worrying about the situation and contemplating the time it will take to contain the situation.
Think of a solution, than worrying!
We can keep worrying, or we can think about a solution to run a business from home. This is the time when most businessmen should support and help each other. Also, use the market that is available as an option in this scenario.
The only market place right now is the digital market. Internet usage has surged since people are at home and using the internet more than ever. This is where your customers are most of the time. So, make use of the opportunity and down let your businesses die down.
Create your business website
By any chance, if your business is not listed online, this is the time to create a website and make a space for your business in the big world of the internet. Now, there are a few things that you need to keep in the back of your mind. Everyone’s home and most people are working from home. But they are also worried about how to survive in the long run.
People are worried about their jobs, salaries, increments, and the well-being of their families. They will think a thousand times before spending their money. So, as a businessman, you have to think wisely and strategically display the value of your product for anyone to invest in your product or buy your product.
Think Global, Think Digital
Remember the competition is high. It has always been, but now more than ever. Since, this is where most businessmen are trying to sell their products and services, as this is the only market place available for most of them. So, if you have a digital marketing team, then brainstorm, talk to each other, and come up with ideas to display your products where your customers are in the online world. It’s time to game up your marketing ideas.
- Use your social media spaces like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, and other such social platforms to create platform-specific ideas to market your product
- Invest in content marketing to educate potential clients about your products and eventually get them to invest in your product. The more they know about your product, it’s more likely they will invest in your product
- It is the right time to invest in Google AdWords, Social Media ads, PPC, sponsored listing, and other such paid advertising. However, make a strategic plan and platform-specific advertisements. Do a thorough research and find out the location, age, and other such characteristics of your clients you’re trying to attract
- Improve SEO ranking for your website as it has to be visible to everyone online to see your website. The higher it ranks, the better would be its visibility
- Visit Quora and see what questions are being asked related to your product. Reply to their questions and promote your product and provide your website link for them to know your products and services
- Email marketing is another important way to market your product. It is a personalized approach to reach your client. However, it has to be used very wisely. So, create a good email marketing campaign, and make your product visible to your potential customers. Make them want to buy your product
- Create YouTube videos to educate them about your product. Use it as your brands’ voice to tell them about your product, its uses, and why they should invest or buy them
These are some ideas that you can work on to get your product visible to your customers and get them to buy them. Get organized and make a good plan before you jump into online marketing. A good solid plan can go a long way to survive your business. And don’t give up if you get some hiccups on the way.
Survive your Business
If you’re in the initial stage, you won’t see results right away. Have patience and continue to do your research, study online trends, and analyze and make plans accordingly. Don’t hesitate to change plans if you think it won’t work in the long run. It’s all about how would you survive your business during this difficult phase.
If you have more ideas or would like us to help your company with digital marketing strategies and ideas, please leave your comments in the space below, and we will get back to you soon. Stay safe and healthy!